5. Collaboration with influencers and microinfluencers. Many brands already incorporate into their marketing budgets a budget item to carry out their strategy with influencers, but until now they had not given great importance to those known as microinfluencers. These are profiles with fewer followers than those of the influencers, but they generate a great interaction because they are more faithful to their values and tastes, which they share with most of their followers, increasing, in turn, their fidelity.
6. Podcast. Although the first time we heard about the podcast was back in 2005, it is now that there are more followers. We take the opportunity to watch and listen to contents while we eat, exercise, go on the subway, travel … So, why would not the podcast be one of the best formats to include in your marketing strategy in 2019? Yes, if the content is not recycled from your blog, but instead would a complementary channel entertaining, enjoyable and offering to listeners useful and quality information
7. Smart chatbots and instant messaging. It is true that until very recently the chats in which there was no real person behind to assist you, as in the case of the famous “Irene” from Renfe, were totally frustrating. However, this will happen less and less because soon artificial intelligence will have improved so much that we will be surprised by the answers and problems’ resolution will give to us, hopefully, 24 hours a day. Also, WhatsApp Business will have more and more activity and allow users to communicate comfortably with companies and services to ensure customer a top service.
8. Continuous investment in Social Ads. Of course, this trend could not be lacking: Since some of the most used social networks by users changed the feeds in a way to prioritize the family and friend’s contents over those of brands and pages that do not generate much interest. The only way to expand the reach is by investing in them. The difference is that each time more formats and types of ads are introduced, which will allow us to offer the user an advertising experience that is increasingly original and adapted to their needs and desires.
9. Humanise the content. Have you ever noticed that when some people your team or customers appear your content, the publications work infinitely better? Well, that is what we are talking of, because behind any entity there is always a team of people who watch over their clients, who think about what they can do to meet their needs and who try to perform their work in an increasingly better way. We all know it, and that’s why, when we show our most human side, we are launching into the likes and comments. Let’s never forget it!
What do you think of these trends in social networks for 2019? We are already prepared to face what is coming, to evolve together with each social network and to learn from the new challenges that come to us in the coming months. Would you accompany us?