When we talk about Marketplaces, the first thing that comes to mind is Amazon: the king of kings. But if you have ever tried to sell your products through this giant channel, you will know it is not as easy as it seems, since its conditions are quite demanding.
However, AliExpress, the well-known “Chinese technology bazaar” is changing its business way, opening new sales lines and allowing countries like Spain to sell their products outside their borders. With a less demanding sales policy, it becomes a new opportunity for internationalising your brand, then we tell you why.
Advantages of selling on Aliexpress from Spain
- Sales in Europe: As we have said, in addition to selling in Spain, it is already allowed to sell within the eurozone. The Aliexpress CEO points out that this novelty is designed mainly for Spanish SMEs in the fashion and footwear sector, although it does not close the door to other products.
- Without opening costs: Opening a store on AliExpress has no opening fees or fixed costs. And, if at any time you decide to close it, you can do so without fuss.
- Store customisation: You can customise the store and give it your style. A right branding way and that users identify your brand better.
- Use your carrier: You can use your carrier, set delivery times yourself and set your shipping policy yourself
- Sales charges: Commissions per transaction are between 5% and 8%..
- Payment system: The payment system is protected by VeSign SriSL, and you receive the money at the time the customer gets your purchase.
Another reason why Aliexpress is showing it has new business lines is the launch of its first physical store in Europe. For which it has chosen Madrid as its location. On its opening day, more than 3,000 people queued to enter, a more than a significant fact of what this change in strategy has meant. A new way to complement the digital channel, increase the proximity with the consumer and, why not, to challenge Amazon.
From the business point of view, we can see these changes as a warning of what will happen in the coming years with this Marketplace and predict a promising future. Perhaps it is the best time to bet on your brand expansion, taking advantage of AliExpress’s expansion, and why not?